Are you highly motivated and results-driven? Now is your opportunity to help bring about meaningful change for black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) entrepreneurs. At Meda, we help BIPOC entrepreneurs grow their businesses by providing financing and business consulting solutions and connecting them to corporate and government opportunities. We are looking for an experienced Director of Philanthropy and Investment to join our team.
The Director of Philanthropy and Investment will expand and lead an institutional focus on major gifts (donors), and capitalization of Meda’s programs through community / impact investments. The Director is responsible for designing and executing new and innovative strategies that focus on leadership gifts to and/or community and impact investments in Meda and its programs. The Director will work closely with Meda’s leadership team, Board of Directors and representatives from the philanthropic / investment community. This is a key role in Meda.
Qualified Applicants will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Previous fundraising, financial services and/or sales experience required
- Minimum of five years of experience leading a major gifts program preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in interacting with high-profile individuals from public, private and nonprofit organizations.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to represent Meda to a broad constituency, and ability to write and present clearly and persuasively in both in-person and virtual settings.
- Experience in executing a strategic vision, leading a detailed implementation plan, actively coordinating with other Meda staff, prioritizing work, and ensuring timelines are met.
Meda staff enjoy fully paid medical and dental insurance, a 403b retirement plan, generous Paid Time Off, 14 ½ holidays each year, and a flexible work environment among other benefits. Pay range is $100,000 – 107,000 DOQ. Opportunity for bonus pay. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.