Business Consultant & Business Consultant, M&A Specialty
REPORTS TO: Director of Consulting Services/VP Lending & Client Services
STATUS: Full time/Exempt
This position is responsible for providing business consulting services to BIPOC-owned businesses. Business Consultants will use their analytical and consultative skills to work with clients on strategy, planning, and problem-solving. Consultants will assist customers in developing essential business skills and will connect businesses with growth-generating resources. Meda Consultants collaborate with one another and work closely with volunteers. Qualified consultants will focus consultative efforts on Mergers and Acquisitions.
Essential Consulting Functions
- Provide consulting services to BIPOC business owners/management around best business practices to include business and strategic planning, capital structures and general and alternative financing options, marketing, sales, and human resource management.
- Research industries to assist customers in their planning and operations.
- Aid in developing business revenue and cost models.
- Collaborate with the other consultants to provide a holistic approach for our customers.
- Engage volunteer professionals to augment services to Meda customers.
- Provide current customer case studies and metrics in support of fund development.
- Represent Meda at various community events when needed.
- Conduct and compare company valuations. Challenge external appraisals when appropriate.
Merger and Acquisition Functions
- Evaluate businesses for BIPOC mergers and acquisition opportunities.
- Source mature, stagnant businesses valued in the Middle Market, $5M – $50M.
- Develop partner agreements with financial entities to participate in funding.
- Establish a network of brokers, business owners, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Leverage tax knowledge to engage acquisition targets.
- Perform M&A due diligence, financial planning, scoping, closing and integration.
- Coordinates research and analysis to assess strategic impact and risk.
- Prepare financial models to estimate profitability and working capital requirements.
- Collaborate with transaction parties to ensure deals successfully close.
- Establish effective process mapping, including lead generation, due diligence procedures, and transaction closing checklists.
- Negotiate with Sellers, Meda clients, and related parties to successfully transition ownership.
|Performance Driven||Direct & Decisive||Big-Picture Thinker|
|Go-Getter||Influential Leader||High EQ – Emotional Maturity|
|Innovative||Change Agent||Develops Relationships|
|Cohesive & Inclusive||Consultative||Opportunistic|
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, economics, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business consulting with a proven track record of success.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to distill and communicate complex subjects.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and other business data.
- Broad knowledge of business and market forces.
- Proven ability to develop plans & objectives that impact long-term performance growth.
- Agile and thrives in fast-paced & changing environments with demonstrated initiative.
- Investment Banking experience.
- Financial forecasting and modeling.
- Ability to conduct and present company and industry sub-sector research.
- Substantial knowledge of financial business law.
- Familiar with fundamental company acquisition strategies.
- Demonstrated high level of cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively to build strong relationships.
- Drive positive, cohesive & inclusive work environments.
- A consultative approach using effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, with effective time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- MBA degree.
- Over 3 years experience in business consulting (including mergers and acquisitions).
- Experience in business development.
- Marketing experience is a plus.
This job operates in an office setting and is primarily a sedentary role. Occasional travel, primarily local, can be expected. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay range is $65,000- $80,000 DOQ / (M&A Specialty: $80,000-$110,000 DOQ). Meda employees enjoy fully paid medical and dental insurance, a 403b retirement plan, generous Paid Time Off, 15 ½ holidays each year, and a flexible work environment among other benefits.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.