REPORTS TO: Director of Consulting Services/VP Lending & Client Services
STATUS: Full time/Exempt
Our Mission: Helping minority entrepreneurs succeed.
Our Vision: Thriving communities through equal economic participation.
Our Values: Excellence, Customer Focus, Integrity, Respect
This position is responsible for providing business-consulting services to minority businesses. Business Consultants will use their analytical and problem-solving skills and general business knowledge to work with clients on strategy, planning and problem solving. They will help customers develop business skills and knowledge and connect businesses to resources and opportunities for growth. Business Consultants work closely with other consultants in their department and volunteers.
- Provide consulting services to minority business owners/management around best business practices to include business and strategic planning, capital structures and general financing options, marketing, sales and human resource management.
- Research industries to assist customers in their planning and operations.
- Aid in developing business revenue and cost models.
- Collaborate with the other consultants to provide a holistic approach for our customers.
- Engage volunteer professionals to augment services to Meda customers.
- Provide current customer stories and metrics in support of fund development.
- Enter customer data and activities in designated systems to support reporting needs of programs.
- Ensure a high level of customer service.
- Represent Meda at various community events when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Relationships||Decision Making||Emotional Maturity|
|Quality Results||Change Capacity|
- Marketing skills, proficiency on the following
- a) UX Design
- b) SEO and SEM
- c) Content Management
- d) Social Media
- e) Analytical and Tech tool skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or other related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business consulting with a proven track record of success.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to distill and communicate complex subjects.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and other business data.
- Broad knowledge of business and market forces.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative working style.
- High level of cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to write and edit effectively.
- Organized, with effective time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- MBA degree.
- Over 3 years’ experience in business consulting.
- Experience in business development.
This job operates in an office setting and is primarily a sedentary role. Occasional travel, primarily local, can be expected. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.