Director of Supplier Development
REPORTS TO: VP Lending & Client Services
SUPERVISION: Program Staff
STATUS: Full time/Exempt
Our Mission: Helping minority entrepreneurs succeed.
Our Vision: Thriving communities through equal economic participation.
Our Values: Excellence, Customer Focus, Integrity, Respect
The Director of Supplier Development provides leadership, management, and vision of Meda’s supplier development program. This position is responsible for leveraging their networks to recruit anchor businesses, developing strong relationships, and ensuring that their business needs are met. They will oversee the vetting, education, and development of Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) entrepreneurs, preparing them for successful supplier relationships with anchor businesses. The Director of Supplier Development is a member of the Management Leadership Team.
Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain and Procurement; successfully negotiate and manage favorable contracts.
- Supplier Relations; Partner with ecosystem partners, leveraging the strengths of each organization and Improving engagement with existing anchor businesses.
- Supplier Development; recruit anchor businesses, develop strong relationships and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Champion, as the project manager, through the life cycle of supplier development.
- Business Development; develop opportunities for BIPOC Entrepreneurs, overseeing the vetting, learning, and development of the business and its leaders.
- Learn and leverage supplier diversity requirements.
Related Management Functions
- Assess organization resources, processes, systems, and solutions to continuously increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and management to assigned staff.
- Manage the department budget, exercising fiscal responsibility.
- Establish and utilize data and metrics to effectively measure program success.
- Represent and promote the program externally as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Performance Driven||Direct & Decisive||Big-Picture Thinker|
|Go-Getter||Influential Leader||High EQ – Emotional Maturity|
|Innovative||Change Agent||Develops Relationships|
|Cohesive & Inclusive||Consultative||Opportunistic|
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of broad business experience:
- 5 years of experience in senior leadership roles
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- Operations and supply chain management, business development and finance.
- Proven ability to develop plans & objectives that impact long-term performance growth.
- Strong supervisory skills and proven track record of success within leadership roles.
- Agile and thrives in a fast-paced & changing environment.
- Ability to positively influence change.
- Demonstrated initiative, go-getter mentality.
- Demonstrated high level of cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively to build strong relationships.
- Drive positive, cohesive & inclusive work environments.
- Experience in managing competing priorities to meet deadlines.
- A Consultative approach using effective written and verbal communication skills.
- MBA degree.
- Operations and Supply Chain Management degree. Degrees from University of St. Thomas (Operations and Supply Chain Management) or Carlson School (Supply Chain and Operations Management) or similar may replace required experience.
- Experience in business development
This job operates in an office setting and is primarily a sedentary role. Travel is primarily local, however some overnight travel may be expected. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay range is $90,000- $110,000 DOQ. Meda employees enjoy fully paid medical and dental insurance, a 403b retirement plan, generous Paid Time Off, 15 ½ holidays each year, and a flexible work environment among other benefits.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.