REPORTS TO: Chief Advancement Officer
Meda’s mission is to “Help BIPOC entrepreneurs succeed.” Meda fulfills this mission by providing wrap-around integrated services including business consulting, working capital and access to contracting markets.
The Marketing Manager will work with the Chief Advancement Officer and Meda’s creative agencies in supporting the organizations marketing department’s initiatives. This position is responsible for the implementation of Meda’s marketing strategies, communications and public relations activities, both external and internal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with internal stakeholders and marketing partners to create and implement a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations strategy that will enhance Meda’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public
- Responsible for growing Meda’s website and social media profiles and presence.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about Meda, our customers, and BIPOC business development.
- Develop & implement plans to drive consistent, relevant traffic to the Meda organization, website and social platforms from our digital presence.
- Ensure quality and volume of web traffic to Meda’s website by employing proven SEO techniques
- Develop, execute & manage various email campaigns.
- Maintain list segmentation.
- Engage in list growth activities
- Work with PR team to coordinate and solicit media interest in Meda’s work and ensure regular proactive contact with target media and appropriate reactive response to media requests.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new digital resources to reach our target audiences.
- Collaborate on projects as assigned, such as special events and strategic opportunities.
- Represent organization at external meetings as appropriate
- Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives. Report progress to the Chief Advancement Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations or related field or equivalent job experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in marketing, communications, or public relations within a corporate or non-profit setting
- Demonstrated success in organizational branding.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of many priorities and deadlines; effective problem solver.
- Managed external consultants to contract fulfillment and success
- Worked with Salesforce and/or Pardot
- Experience in financial institution or business consultancy
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and climb stairs. Specific vision abilities required include ability to read printed materials and computer monitors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional overnight travel
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.