REPORTS TO: President and CEO
STATUS: Full time/ Exempt
Our Mission: Helping minority entrepreneurs succeed.
Our Vision: Thriving communities through equal economic participation.
Our Values: Excellence, Customer Focus, Integrity, Respect
Reporting to the President/CEO and serving as an integral member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Vice President of Finance will be responsible for the development of Meda’s financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the VP will be charged with developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures for all functions in the finance department. This role will require both strategic thinking and tactical implementation.
The VP-Finance serves as the liaison with the Board of Directors and is a member of the Executive Leadership.
- General financial reporting and compliance; maintain current and accurate accounting records in accordance with GAAP procedures.
- Prepare for and participate in the annual audit and any additional required or regulated audit, including addressing concerns arising from such audits.
- Financial management and reporting for government contracts and RFP’s. Contract application and post-award reconciliation and reporting.
- Discover and conduct appropriate grant applications and related compliance reporting.
- Track and reconcile loan servicing activity.
- Integrate and improve utilization of existing reporting software application systems. and development, integration, and utility. Make recommendations for further advancement.
- Ensure new originations and existing loans are accurately reflected in financial records.
- Monitor and utilize existing Meda dashboard reporting tools and expand or supplement reporting to ensure strategic goals are being met.
- Manage and direct activity related to Meda commercial lending.
- Direct and implement the strategy for packaging and selling commercial loans to secondary markets.
- Ensure capability and compliance for funding commercial lending transactions.
- Understanding of restricted and unrestricted foundation grants/gifts.
- Effectively communicate as the liaison with the Board of Directors.
|Performance Driven||Direct & Decisive||Big-Picture Thinker|
|Go-Getter||Influential Leader||High EQ – Emotional Maturity|
|Innovative||Change Agent||Functional Expertise|
|Cohesive & Inclusive||Consultative||Opportunistic|
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience and a proven record of success.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic financial plans.
- Proven ability to develop plans & objectives that impact long-term performance growth.
- Commercial lending / debt management
- Corporate reporting
- Financial management
- Reconciliation & Analysis
- Cash management
- Financial risk ranagement
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Change management; the ability to positively influence change.
- Demonstrated initiative, go-getter mentality.
- Demonstrated high level of cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively to build strong relationships.
- Drive positive, cohesive & inclusive work environments.
- A consultative approach using effective written and verbal communication skills.
- MBA degree
- CPA Certified
- Banking, commercial lending background
This job operates in an office setting and is primarily a sedentary role. Travel is primarily local; however, some overnight travel may be expected. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay range is $100,000- $120,000 DOQ. Meda employees enjoy fully paid medical and dental insurance, a 403b retirement plan, generous Paid Time Off, 15 ½ holidays each year, and a flexible work environment among other benefits.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.