REPORTS TO: Director of Consulting Services/VP Lending & Client Services
STATUS: Full time/Exempt
Meda’s mission is to “Help BIPOC Entrepreneurs Succeed.” We fulfill this mission by increasing access to business expertise, capital and contracting markets.
This position is responsible for providing business-consulting services to BIPOC-owned businesses with a focus on Mergers and Acquisitions. Business Consultants will use their analytical and problem solving skills and general business knowledge to work with clients on strategy, planning and problem solving. They will help customers develop business skills and knowledge, and connect businesses to resources and opportunities for growth. Business Consultants work closely with other consultants in their department and volunteers.
Essential Consulting Functions
- Provide consulting services to BIPOC business owners/management around best business practices to include: business and strategic planning, capital structures and general financing options, marketing, sales and human resource management.
- Research industries to assist customers in their planning and operations.
- Provide assistance in developing business revenue and cost models.
- Collaborate with the other consultants to provide a holistic approach for our customers.
- Engage volunteer professionals to augment services to Meda customers.
- Provide current customer stories and metrics in support of fund development.
- Enter customer data and activities in designated systems to support reporting needs of programs.
- Ensure a high level of customer service.
- Represent Meda at various community events when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Merger and Acquisition Functions
- Evaluate BIPOC businesses for mergers and acquisition opportunity
- Perform M&A due diligence, financial planning, scoping, closing and integration
- Coordinates research and analysis to assess strategic impact and risk
- Develop financial models to estimate profitability and cash flow
- Participate and strategize for negotiations
- Develop a network of brokers, business owners, partners and other stakeholders to identify potential mergers and acquisitions
- This includes developing partner agreements with finance entities to participate in M&A activities
- Be conversant in alternative capital products including equity opportunities
- Decision Making
- Emotional Maturity
- Functional Expertise
- Quality Results
- Change Capacity
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or other related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business consulting with a proven track record of success.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to distill and communicate complex subjects.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and other business data.
- Broad knowledge of business and market forces.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative working style.
- High level of cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to write and edit effectively.
- Organized, with effective time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- MBA degree.
- Over 3 years’ experience in business consulting including mergers and acquisitions.
- Experience in business development.
This job operates in an office setting and is primarily a sedentary role. Occasional travel, primarily local, can be expected. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay range is $75,000- $90,000 DOQ. Meda staff enjoy fully paid medical and dental insurance, a 403b retirement plan, generous Paid Time Off, 15 ½ holidays each year, and a flexible work environment among other benefits.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.